Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lament, re: Tropical Scent!


I purchased some handy dandy disposable razors yesterday. Venus brand, yaknow? I chose some nice bright colored ones to help my shaving experience seem more fun. But there's something weird about these razors... the handles are scented. ...


Handles. Scented. I don't get it?? What is the purpose of having scented handles on a razor? Do people smell their razor handles? Should I be smelling my razor handles? Now I'm going to feel obligated to smell my razor handles in the middle of shaving everytime. Probably several times per shave, in fact. I don't want that sweet tropical scent to go to waste. This is going to add several minutes to my shower routine. :(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
edit UPDATE: After all of that, the handles barely smell!!! I honestly can't discern any tropical scent, or any scent for that matter (besides plastic), on them!!

5 comments:

  1. Do you ever wonder what the scientist who spent his time trying to figure out how to make your razors scented could be doing with his time and scientific knowledge?

    Also, I have never smelled my razor or my hands after shaving :/ Don't we already use scented shave cream and scented body wash and scented body lotion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...maybe for a pleasurable tropical experience? This does sound strange...very strange...

    I like my good old Schick intuition. Has the soap on it so its easy and quick leaving silky soft smooth skin.

    Indeed...scented handles very odd..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Merry.. I use Intuition too usually. They are THE BEST.

    Kyley - indeed!!! That scientist could've used his precious time to invent clothes that feel like pajamas but look like a fancy business suit.

    I will report back after I use these razors. Perhaps the whole bathroom will fill up with a tropical aroma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe they're flavoured. You should try licking them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh!! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget