Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Puppy Purse

Every once in a while, I come across something that fascinates and disgusts me all at the same time. Usually I rush to this blog to share it with you. Usually I don't think twice. This blog entry, however, is different. I have been apprehensive about sharing this with you. I've gone back and forth on it. Should I post this? Shouldn't I? Is this too weird? Too disturbing? I've decided to post it, though. It's like when a song is stuck in your head - and you can't get it out until you tell someone else what the song is. That is the main reason I am sharing these images with you. To get them out of my head.

This is a "Puppy Purse." A leather purse that is shaped like a puppy. It is NOT a real puppy....... (let's hope.)









Horrifying, isn't it? ugh. So sick. I hate it.

I'm so sorry for posting this. I do, however, feel better already!

7 comments:

  1. Interesting commentary on the puppy as commodity. We've taken the regular function of the animal out to make a statement about our values in society: we use animals as merely an accessory to our lifestyle. When a logo is added to a heartbeat, therein gives it monetary value. A gross contradiction to the kind of unconditional love from the human/pet relationship, now that union is subject to the up and down unpredictability of the market.

    ...err sorry, I'm in Art history class, I'm a critical robot *robot voice*

    What I really meant to say was SICK, WTF!! OMG!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH Pantrea! Stop bein so dang smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *puke puke puke* It looks real!!!!!! *puke puke puke*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck! I'm getting out of here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHAAHA..... re: PUKING and getting out of here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Depressing! But I'm glad you decided to share. And as far as Pantrea's comments, I guess I'd rather have the people who look for "accessory" dogs have this substitute rather than the real thing. The worst would be if someone put a Chihuahua in the purse. A sad looking one.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget