Tuesday, July 7, 2009

KFC: Kind Friendly Chums

Update Juice, re: previous blog entitled "KFC: Kentucky Fried Controversy."

So I (very nervously) phoned the District Manager back. I always get nervous talking to strangers on the phone, especially after harpooning them over a chicken twister. I was hoping he wouldn't accuse me of being racist or ask me any tough questions.

WELL. Scott, the District Manager of KFC was the nicest, friendliest, sweetest person in the world. He remembered every detail about me... and I could tell he was driving while he talked to me, so it wasn't like he was reading the info or anything. This is how it went:

Me: Hi, this is Karyn Germain, I had written a -

Scott: OH HI, Karyn! Thank you so much for returning my call. I really wanted to talk to you.

Me: ..... oh?

Scott: Yes. Now, as I remember it, your name is spelled in a unique way... K-A-R-Y-N, right?

Me: Y-yes.

Scott: And you ordered a grilled chicken twister and received a crispy one, right?

Me: Y-yes....

He made me feel like I was the only person who's ever complained at a KFC, ever. In all of time! haha

So then he told me he's trying to hire people who can speak better English to work the drive-thru window and how he had no idea things were so bad. Also, he told me I'd get one free meal from that KFC location.

To receive my free meal, all I have to do is go there and say my name to the employee at the counter. I'm going to saunter up to the counter, while wearing a mysterious jacket and hat, and whisper ... "karyn germain" and look around real slueth like.

A part of me wanted this update to be about terrible customer service, about how I didn't get "nothin' for my trouble", etc etc... something real juicy. But, my friends, kindness prevails. I have nothing but kind words* to say about Scott, the District Manager.

(*except that there was NO talk of giving me free gravy for life.)


5 comments:

  1. "Ahhhhh"

    Good.

    Retribution.

    I sure hope you wear that big hat when you collect your free meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "karyn Germain" aka, KyleyJuly 7, 2009 at 11:20 PM

    Wait, are you saying I can saunter in to a local kfc, tell them i'm Karyn Germain and get a delicious greasy bucket of chicken for free? Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you impress him with your fine English skills?
    I think he was hinting...you could take over Pepe's job at the window!

    poor Pepe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit concerned. If all you have to do is say your name, that means the staff will be waiting foe you, expecting you, right?

    And the reason they'll be waiting and expecting you, is because you complained about them?

    So won't they, um - spit or masturbate into your bucket 0'chicks?


    or do we not suggest negative nancy stuff like this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA KYLEY!!!! Nooooooooooooo!

    Mike - Poor Pepe... poor little Pepe.

    CarliQ - uh oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget