Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Life Is Average



Most people know about the super popular website FML. The site can have a couple of funny things on it, but for the most part, it slightly annoys me. I just don't actually believe that 80% of these things actually happened. It's like someone is re-submitting old "Traumarama" moments from Seventeen Magazine. I would like the site way better if, in addition to the "I agree your life is f****d" and "you deserved that one" buttons, they would add a "BS" button you could click if you think they're lying. Here is an example of a story I would bet money on isn't true:

Today, I flew into LAX. I get nervous when I fly so I brought my recently deceased dad’s ashes with me in my purse. They’re in a quarter-sized urn which is melted shut. Security didn’t believe it contained ashes so they broke it open spilling my dad all over the table. Sorry Daddy. FML.

It annoys me how many people believe these stories. ANYWAY, I wanted to share with you a site that is similar in nature but way funnier and believable. It's called My Life Is Average
. (Special thanks to Tyler for telling me about it.) Here is a funny sample entry:


Today I was eating a 100 calorie pack of cheese nips. I checked the nutrition facts. It had no cholesterol, so next to the cholesterol it said "0mg". It amused me. MLIA.

Also, under the "FAQ" on the My Life Is Average site, this question & answer made me LOL:

I'd like to receive the MLIAs automatically when I'm using my computer.

That's not a question.

2 comments:

  1. Ah hahaha! I love this site!! Thanks The Karyn Germain Weekly Newsletter!!
    "Today I was taking a multiple choice question. I narrowed it down to 2 answers, I did eenie meenie minie moe to pick which one, I fixed the song so it would land on the one I wanted more. MLIA" Absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget