Thursday, January 1, 2009

Winner Uses Manipulation to Steal Recognition, Help Animals


Attention all readers...

It has come to my attention - through intense investigation and unhealthy suspicion of kindness - that we have an impostor among us.

As you know, we had a tie in our MS PAINT Challenge - Christmas Edition... and someone impersonated one of the winners, saying to allow Contestant #1
to take all of the winnings. I trusted the internet and I trusted people... and so, I declared #1 the winner. Contestant #1 then asked me to contribute his $5 winnings to the SPCA. And I happily did.

But then I found out that contestant #1 used his manipulative, kind-hearted spirit to trick me! HE had impersonated contestant #4 in our comment section!

Let me just say this... when my SPCA calendar comes in the mail (from the donation I made) I will RIP IT UP and BURN the remnants. Take that, homeless kittens! Put that in your pipes and smoke it, doomed dogs! Also, in the spirit of giving and Christmas, I was planning on adopting 5-10 needy animals... but now? NADA. I hope the animals (and the IMPOSTOR) have learned their lesson. NOT. I do NOT hope that they learned their lesson.


... oh, no wait. YES, I do hope that they've learned their lesson.


10 comments:

  1. I have a confession to make. Yes, I committed what some (Karyn, Sherri, the police etc.) would consider "fraud". Instead of playing the blame-game I think we should focus on the positive aspects of this semi-crime. A worthy charity is now five dollars richer.

    To make a kitten omelet you have to break some SPCA eggs... or... to make an SPCA omelet you have to break some kittens. Actually let's just abandon that metaphor altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a make-good, I have made a donation to the SPCA under the name
    "Cptn. The Karyn Germain Newsletter". They will then send me two calenders which I will RE-DONATE to the SPCA thus earning THREE calenders.

    I will continue to collect calenders until this great tragedy is behind us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my anger subsides, I will come back and laugh heartily at these comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a loyal contributor to the MS paint contest and an avid reader of the newsletter I must say I am shocked....SHOCKED that this happened. However when you think about it a but more it's pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant bit more not but more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're all shocked, anonymous. ALL of us. ... well... except for Bob, who probably had this planned from the start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robot Santa = gold.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we should change it from "Robot Santa" to "Lying, Cheating Santa Face."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Hailey!

    See, I didn't even have to assume her identity! She was under no duress whatsoever! The public loves Robot Santa (or whatever, I forget what I actually named it).

    Is it suspicious that I specifically mentioned she was not under duress? No? Good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a terrible and shocking turn of events!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget