Friday, November 21, 2008

Twittering?


What’s the deal with this “Twitter” or whatever? I’ve been hearing rumblings lately about this new “social networking phenom.” A couple of days ago, my gal-pal Sherri phoned me about this. Here’s the convo that ensued:

Sherri: WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH TWITTER?? (Jerry Seinfeld voice)

Karyn: haha, what?

Sherri: It’s all I hear about! People saying they’re on Twitter! Or that they’re “tweeting” or something. What IS twitter or tweeter or whatever???

Karyn: I don’t know, but I have been hearing about it. I’ll Google it.

Sherri: PLEASE DO! I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT THIS IS ABOUT! I CAN’T TAKE IT!

(pause)

Karyn: It says “TWITTER - WHO WHAT WHY!”

Sherri: What?

Karyn: Well, just a second. I’m reading.

(long pause)

Karyn: Okay! It says you can use the website to say what you’re doing. Like, “I’m eating soup.” Or “I’ll be late for a meeting.”

Sherri: … so… it’s basically a website devoted entirely to Facebook statuses?

Karyn: haha! Yeah, I think so!

Sherri: Sweet.

Karyn: I’m totes joining.

---------------------------------------------
Can anyone out there shed some light on what's so great about Twitter? I don't get it.

Also, I have my first "tweet" ready: 'Karyn is totes joining Twitter.' Did I do that right? Am I twitting???

12 comments:

  1. You know, Twitter is supposed to be this big thing right now, but I only know one guy who's on it...and it's not me.

    And apparently, there's a feature in Twitter where you can link it to your Facebook account so whatever you say in Twitter will be posted in Facebook as your status.

    and that's all my knowledge of the subject.

    Yay! I love it when I can contribute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds pretty over-rated to me. I signed up but I don't really understand it. With facebook you know what everyone is up do and what ppl are doing. So why Tweeter or Twitter or whatever?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twitter Smitter.

    I know it's pretty big in the states, all my web 2.0 seminars talk about how great it is. Personally, if I can't creep the shit out of you....then don't waste my time.

    Karyn...i'm creeping the shit out of you RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana... you sure are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark - thanks for the contri-bushe!:D

    Murdoch... ugh I love that name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, I read the hype on Twitter and I'm trying to get it. but right now... not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would consider that an excellent attempt at "twitting." I guess that makes you a real "Twit," which is what I always thought anyway.

    ...Karyn....wait...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So... this blog got me all interested in a kind of disinterested way over Twitter. I went there, signed up, and haven't the faintest clue what the point is. I thought maybe I could put up a sweet little twitter updater on my blog, but it must have me outsmarted.

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad I can interest you in a disinterested way. ... reminds me of my love life!
    HEY YOOOOO!!!!

    HAHAHAHAHA...AHAHAHA. ...

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget