Friday, September 5, 2008

My Elevator Bit.

What's the deal with elevator music, hey? Where did it go? You always hear people talking about elevator music, about how bad it is, but... I never hear it anymore! Am I right? (wait for applause) I haven't heard elevator music in YEARS! And, frankly, I miss it!!!!! (wait for incredulous laughter)

Elevators are SO AWKWARD. I hate them! I have to take elevators all the time at my work, so I am in and out of those silver rockets all the live long day. And it doesn't matter who you are or what type of person you are - when you enter an elevator, you stop talking. We all do. Then we all stand there in dreadful silence, listening to our neighbor's stomach gurgle, avoiding eye contact and trying not to swallow too loudly. You see, if we had elevator music again, these trips would be a lot more comfortable for us all. AM I RIGHT? (wait for wild applause) So, pipe it in, man! And pipe it in good.



4 comments:

  1. You make a valid point, Karyn. I don't think I can recall a single instance in the last decade, in fact, in which I heard music (or even muzak) in an elevator. All I hear is the muted horror of social awkwardness and shifting feet. Pipe it in indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Silver rockets"...Hahaha!

    Also, I agree and I fully endorse this ad to bring back elevator music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha ewwwwww

    Also, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget