Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Breaking (CUTE) News!!!!

Monster pig traps Aussie woman in home

The Edmonton Journal


Tue 23 Sep 2008

SYDNEY - A pig the size of a Shetland pony has trapped an Australian woman in her village home, the national broadcaster reported Tuesday.

Caroline Hayes, 63, has tried leave her house in Uki in northern New South Wales to use the outdoor toilet but says the animal bit her and shoved her back inside.

"It's a beautiful male pig but he's just so big and so pushy," she told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

Rangers from the local Murwillumbah Council tried to rescue her but could not capture the huge animal.

"The rangers came out to my house yesterday with a dog cage and this pig is that big, it's like trying to put an elephant in a dog cage," she said. "They tried for a little while and they couldn't do it. They got him halfway in and he just backed off and went back to my dam, where he was having a lovely time in the water."

The rangers beat a strategic retreat and were due to try to capture the pig again today, ABC said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I say... if you're going to be trapped inside your home by ANY animal, I'd choose a giant pig! Am I right?! Also, how cute is this quote: "it's a BEAUTIFUL male pig but he's just so big and so pushy." hahahahaha!!!!! ALSO, I liked this quote a lot - "he was having a lovely time in the water."


Ugh. This is the cutest breaking news that I've ever read.



Edit: Oh wait. I just google image searched the term "giant pig" and the picture that turned up is absolutely dreadful!! AHHHH!








(Thanks to Dana for submitting this BREAKING NEWS to the Karyn Germain Weekly Newsletter! She's my #1 News Scooper! ... wait. That's what people are called who send in news stories, right? "News Scoopers"?)

9 comments:

  1. FIRST.

    Also, I was going to say the same thing about being a beautiful male pig having a lovely time in the water goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a pretty ginormous pig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. eh mate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, who is anonymous??? a.k.a who is dead meat?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Karyn, that picture reminds me of my drunken week in Cabo when I was in College. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. :|


    ALSO, YEEEEEEEESSS you are right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    I just voted for your excellent blog for the Bloggers Choice Awards.

    Could you please return the favor at:
    http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.
    com/blogs/show/21620

    Thanks,

    SpEdLaw2
    http://specialeducationlawblog.
    blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ... did you vote for me because you support "special education"?

    :(

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget