Monday, July 14, 2008

Thanks, sir!



Ok... so I don't want to get carried away here, but I'm about 99.8% sure that I was called "sir" today. In person. When someone was looking right at my GIRL face. .. and listening to my GIRL voice.


I went to the McDonald's drive-thru today for lunch... I gave the guy my money and he handed me my bag of food. And then.... he said.... "Thanks, sir!" and I sort of stopped and looked at him and he started half-laughing and looking away with an embarrassed face. And then I drove away in wonderment.

I thought it was bad enough being called "ma'am."


While I am not 100% positive that he actually called me "sir", I am pretty darn sure. I am also sure that I should try to dress girlier from now on. Perhaps the mohair suits and bowler hats at work have been a mistake? :(


12 comments:

  1. Well ma'am, I believe what you are going through is known as Gender-Identity Confusion. It happens to the best of us...well actually, it usually just happens to boys in their early teens. But I don't think it's anything to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Leah says is very true. I was mistaken on the phone for my sisters until I was in my early 20's.

    Perhaps you misunderstood this man. Maybe he actually said "Thanks, grr...". I don't think we should rule out the possibility we are dealing with a werewolf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well both of these comments make me feel worlds better, no question about that.

    Thanks, friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always glad to help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A grilled chicken sanny. {Those new ones on the fancy buns.}

    Num-a-nay! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. How was it? Any good?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I SAID IT WAS NUM-A-NAY!!!! >:(

    Ever heard of something being "num-a-nay"????

    ReplyDelete
  8. No. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a big mac yesterday. They didn't call me *sir*, they called me *M'lady*. I'm pretty feminine and pretty, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget