Sunday, July 6, 2008

*Baby Jingles*


Tonight I was sorting through a pile of newspapers. Out slipped a brochure... a shopping catalogue, if you will. I don't really know how to explain to you what I saw. I don't really have the words to express it yet. Perhaps I will just let you see for yourself.


Umm... okay... so this thing is called "Baby Jingles." I guess it's the first in a collection.... of.... newborn... baby posable monkeys. Anyway, here is the write up from the catalogue:

"
This playful little sweetheart is quite a handful - and as much fun as a barrel of you-know-whats! This little one knows how to get your attention. Introducing 'Baby Jingles' - a playful, posable newborn monkey who just wants to be 'babied.' Are you ready to love her back?

'Baby Jingles' is realistically sculpted (right down to her adorable monkey feet hidden inside her baby shoes.) She's covered with soft, hand-applied mohair. She gets her name from the jingle bells tied to her shoelaces! Best of all, she's costumed just like a pampered human baby, in a t-shirt that says 'Mommy's Little Monkey.'"

Ok. So. I'm actually not sure how I feel about this. My first reaction was ":-O SICK!!!!!!" but then, as I looked and read and cried (re: cuteness), I realized that she's a LITTLE BIT cute. I guess I want to play with her and love her and pose her. ... but just a little.


When I searched online for more Baby Jingles pictures, these photos came up. They are the next newborn baby monkeys from the "collection."






They are kind of gross. I'll admit. But they also fit right into the palm of your hand. Which is really cute. I'm so torn.

4 comments:

  1. I'll take three *no more jumping on the bed*, and two *little sucker* lovable monkeys for me and my other gay baby friends to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How in the world did you get on a posable monkey baby mailing list?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy looking the brine shrimps#
    Me thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. umm.

    You're... welcome.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget