Monday, May 26, 2008

Ways To Get A Free Lunch ... Or Not.


Today I went to Tim Horton's for lunch. As I was sitting in my car in the drive-thru lane, I put some eye drops into my eyes because my peepers were drying out and sore. Immediately after I put them in, I noticed that the older gentleman in the car in front of me was staring at me in his rear view mirror. He was looking at me for quite some time. I realized then that my eyes looked like they were full of tears and I hoped - prayed- that he would feel real sorry for me and buy my lunch. You know how people do that? "I'll pay for the person's order behind me..." ? Well.. that has never happened to me and I thought that today was the day.

It wasn't. That jackass saw me "crying" and didn't even pay for my lunch!! ... hmm.... or maybe he asked the cashier how much my order had come to and was astonished by the price.

Either way, I am disappointed. Also, I will be trying out that whole eye-drops-in-the-drive-thru thing again!!! It's gotta pay off. It's brilliant!

5 comments:

  1. That story makes you sound crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.

    Then I was just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN crazy.
    Don't ever change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karyn, I would buy you a diamond if I saw you crying at timmys.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget