Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Let's Not and Say We Did...

Do you remember the sweet saying, "Let's not and say we did"? It was a popular saying for a few months back in about 1990. I'm going to resurrect this nugget. Please join me in peppering this throughout your daily speech. "Let's not and say we did" is sooo dumb and hilare.

I used to HATE it when I was little, though... because anytime I would ask my brother if he wanted to play with me, he'd say... "Let's not and say we did."

Ouch.

Here's how that convo went down:

Little Karyn: Michael!!! D'you wanna play Ferry Boat???? *giant, sweet smile*

Michael: Let's not and say we did.

Little Karyn: Uhh, what?

Michael: Let's not and say we did.


Little Karyn: Yeah, that sounds pretty fun, too, I guess...


6 comments:

  1. While I can appreciate this saying.... I have to admit that I'm definitely more inclined to do things that are naughty, and then deny them. I find myself quite often being 'naughty', and saying something to the effect of ''we can do this, but if you tell anyone, I'll break your jaw'' instead of ''Let's not and say we did''.

    Who knows. Maybe the answer is to find a rest-stop bathroom and write ''you STOP BEING A NAUGHTY GIRL RIGHT NOW''... I sure hope so, cause thats what I've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ferry Boat??? What kind of game is "Ferry Boat?" I don't blame Mike for that snide response at all. In fact, the next time you ask me to check out one of your blogs I'm going to say "Let's not and saw we didN'T." (burn!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I'd like more details on this 'Ferry Boat' game please.

    TCBG

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read, and enjoyed your blog.

    Lets not and say we did!

    ...

    Wait. I didn't use that right, did I?

    ReplyDelete
  5. how about you don't start using that term, that will already ruin the sex life i don't have! i.e
    condensed version...

    Eric:So ya wanna do it?

    Female:Let's not and say we did!

    So please do not rekindle this un needed flame...or How about you not and say you did?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry Grant, Esq.April 2, 2008 at 6:29 PM

    I'm too busy peppering the word "hilare" throughout my daily speech...

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget