Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bed & Breakfast

When I started my job, they sent me to Calgary for a week of training. I had never, believe it or not, been on a trip by myself before! I was very excited. I had been hoping to stay in a hotel (hello, SWIMMING POOL and snick snack machine!) but they booked me into a Bed & Breakfast instead. I'm not going to lie... I wasn't overly happy.

I've never really liked the idea of Bed & Breakfasts... mainly because I don't do mornings and I don't do small talk. And, at a Bed & Breakfast, you have to do both. You have to wake up and go down to the dining room and say good morning and eat a frilly breakfast with a bunch of strangers while they ask you "what brings you to town?" and "can you pass the preserves?" It's just so uncomfortable. It all feels like you're staying with a stuffy Aunt & Uncle that you've never met. In this case, it was like staying with the elderly gay Uncle I'd never met.

Here are some pictures and highlights from my trip to the B&B:

Soooo nervous and excited for my new job!

My Bed & Breakfast.


My room: "The Windsor."


Grandma decorating.


The B & B had two dogs living there. This is Maisy. :D :D :D She was real naughty, coming into my room when she wasn't allowed.


The living room.


"HI!"

A wall decoration in my room. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw this. Is this picture even legal?


But then came.... The Worst Thing I Have Ever Seen in My Life. Two sickening ceramic dogs with red chest hair and wise, sincere faces.


"What the H?"


But we became fast friends.


Our portrait.


Goofing around.


Sight seeing.


"Do you see what I see, Chestermire?"


Lol! Lol!


Goodnight.


8 comments:

  1. Good thing "Chestemire" was still awake. You never know when Mr. Marbles will stop by...FOR MURDER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahahah. Mr. Marbles would never do something like that. He would watch you while you sleep and cut locks of your hair to keep as tokens of affection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's because Mr. Marbles is a true romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need some time to digest these words, let alone the pictures. I have three things to say about this particular post Karyn:

    1) Thank you

    2) HAHAHAHAHHAH

    3) That's bloody rich.

    I'll be back to re-read, and re-laugh, and re-comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karyn Karyn .... That picture of the two naked twin boys trying to warm their little wee hotdogs by the fire is the best thing I've seen in ages.

    I also like your canopy bed very much. Not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure what the consensus was...but can you use "hotdogs" that way, or should it be wieners? I didn't see any buns, oh wait, yes I did see buns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's not and say we did!

    ...er, did I miss the boat on that one?

    Not!

    PS

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget