Monday, April 7, 2008

Old Tyme Treasures

A few weekends ago, I visisted a local Antique store with my 'rents. We ended up spending about 2 1/2 hours in there, rummaging through all of the junk... with occasional treasures and about 560 good laughs. Here, for your undoubted viewing pleasure, are a few of my favorite items:

This is a cookie jar that says "For Good Little Lambs Only"! haha. UGH!!! It is sooo cute and sooo gross. My Mom used to call me "little lamb" when I was little (no joke) so that also makes it a little funnier for me.



These are just some miscellaneous athletic bunnies. ... what every home needs. I like "badminton bunny" the best!!



I have NO IDEA what this even is. All I know is it's a ceramic dog with a soother in his mouth. But when I saw this in the store, I sat on the floor and laughed and laughed and laughed. (Does anyone know what this is for? Or is it just a really sickening decoration?)



Mr. Marbles. Cre-epy.




These have given me nightmares for the past seventeen nights. ... Lovely... wall decorations?




hahahahahahahaahhahaa. Angry Nectarine Salt & Pepper shakers, anyone?

Salt & Pepper Shaker Maker #1: So.... we've done corn on the cobs, kittens with bows and outhouses. What next?
S& P M # 2: What about...like... nectarines?
S & P M # 1: Oooh! Yeah! ANGRY nectarines!
S & P M # 2: Bingo.






Miscellaneous creepy ceramic dogs.



"Pigs in a Poke - Made in Occupied Japan. $39." They kind of look more like "pigs in a coffin" to me, but who am I to judge?




HAPPY POP!!!! If you're around my age, you will remember these from the 80's. What a special day it was when Mom & Dad would come home with this crate!! :D Cream Soda galore!!!



Hahahahahaha. I don't think was even a cookie jar. Just a gross ceramic to add joy to any home decor!




A pig cookie jar (For little pigs to put their hooves into and pull out cookies :D :D :D )



It's pretty depressing that "my" old Barbie suitcase is now considered an "antique." :/




A ceramic lamb... filled with plastic flowers. For .. uhh.. that special occasion.

7 comments:

  1. Mr. Marbles makes me want to cry in the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUCK Karyn, why would you post such dumb photos. And you're right.....those pigs do look like they should be in a coffin, or frying pan.

    Also....you are so dead for being a little lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terence Grant D'arbyApril 7, 2008 at 7:32 PM

    I was a Pic-A-Pop kid... that was the ghetto version of Happy Pop... which was already pretty ghetto...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look. All I have to say is that Mr. Marbles looks like the kind of man who would really know how to treat a lady... a lady such as myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If those pigs are in a coffin, they kind of look like they're looking death in the eye, throwing their heads back, and having a good chuckle. Hey? Real chucklin' chums...

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget